My name is Sophie. I’m a software engineer at Monzo Bank, working with React and Go, helping to make money work for everyone. As well as my day job I’m also a mentor at Node Girls London and an occasional tutor at Code First: Girls.
I’m also a member and contributor to collaborative women’s pop choir SHE Choir London, as well as doing all their techy stuff (including a Slack app that posts weekly rehearsal plans and takes attendance for me because I was tired of doing it myself!).
I love speaking (and talking in general, as my friends will attest) and I’m keen to get more practice, so if you’d like me to speak at your meetup or conference let me know via Twitter or email!
- ReactFest 2018 (March 2018) - redux-saga: an introduction (video)
- John Lewis (internal - March 2018) - Women in Tech: Why it matters
- ReactJS Girls (June 2018) - Talking the Talk: how to give great conference talks (video)
- John Lewis/Waitrose (internal - Sept 2018) - Web Accessibility: an introduction
- Frontend NE (November 2018) - Talking the Talk
- You Equal Tech (January 2019) - The Power of the Community